Five New Year’s Resolutions You Can Make to Help Animals
Happy New Year! Though January is in full swing, there’s still time to make New Year’s resolutions. Not sure what to go with this year? Well, we may be biased, but we think there’s no better way than to start off your New Year by helping vulnerable animals across the country. Here are five big ways you can help change the lives of animals in 2023!
- Adopting—What better way to start of your year than by adopting a furry friend! Many of the animals we care for have come from difficult situations and are ready for new beginning. You can adopt through the ASPCA in New York City, Los Angeles and Asheville, North Carolina. If you live outside of these areas, you can find a shelter near you to meet your new four-legged BFF!
- Fostering—If you’re not ready to commit to adopting a pet just yet, try fostering! Fostering an animal in need literally saves lives and also gives you the opportunity to see if you’re ready to adopt. You can foster for the ASPCA in New York City, Los Angeles, Asheville, North Carolina and Columbus, Ohio. You can also foster for your local shelter!
- Volunteering—Caring for an animal can be a lot of work, which is why we are always looking for volunteers at the ASPCA! If fostering or adopting isn’t in the cards for you, we encourage you to consider volunteering! You can volunteer in a variety of fields including animals rescue, rehabilitation and government relations. Check out our volunteer opportunities across the country!
- Donating—Donating to the ASPCA is a huge way to make a difference in the lives of animals! Without our donors, we would not be able to do what we do each and every day. You can make a generous gift to the ASPCA today! You can also donate much-needed items for animals directly to our lifesaving programs through our AmazonSmile Charity Lists.
- Connecting—A really effective and easy way of raising much-needed awareness for animals is by connecting with our social media pages and sharing our posts! You can follow our Instagram, Facebook, TikTok or Twitter!