We Urgently Need Kitten and Cat Fosters in Los Angeles
We have an ongoing need of fosters in Los Angeles County who are excited about the chance to make a difference for vulnerable feline populations, including: bottle-fed kittens, kittens learning to eat on their own, sick kittens, shy or scared kittens, moms with young kittens, or healthy and friendly kittens already eating on their own. We provide comprehensive training and help you build caregiving skillsets while you foster. We welcome fosters with all levels of experience who are passionate about giving L.A. County felines a chance to get out of the animal care centers and into a home!
Why We Urgently Need Your Help
From April through November, there is an influx of kittens being born in Los Angeles, and the ASPCA needs fosters who can help us save these vulnerable lives. Kitten fosters provide care and support to kittens until they are old enough to be adopted. We provide all the food, supplies and medical services, as well as all the support you can ask for—all we need from you is TLC.
Become a Foster in Three Easy Steps
View the LA Foster Program Information Session online at your pace. You will be asked to create an account on our free learning tool, ASPCAPro. (Use the enrollment key “aspcapro” if prompted to enter it.)
Complete the required quiz on ASPCAPro to verify your basic understanding of feline fostering with our program.
After completing the quiz with a passing score, you'll receive an email with access to our brief online foster application to tell us more about yourself, your experience, and your foster preferences.
Foster Eligibility Requirements
Basic foster requirements and expectations include:
- Be 18 years or older.
- Be willing and able to take your fosters to follow-up veterinary appointments every 2-4 weeks.
- Be willing and able to take your kittens to a veterinary clinic immediately if a medical emergency arises.
- Keep your foster pets separate from household pets for two weeks in a spare room. We will provide you with a playpen if you don’t have a spare room.
- Feed them, clean the litter box daily and keep their area clean.
- Monitor their health daily and update us promptly about concerns.
- Socialize them by holding them, playing with them, and exposing them to positive experiences
Have Questions? Contact the LA Foster Team at [email protected]
Share this image on your social media channels and help us spread the word!
Want to help the Los Angeles Kitten Foster team? You can donate much-needed items directly through our AmazonSmile Charity Lists!