APCC Mobile App
Did your pet eat chocolate? A poisonous plant? Your medication? There are potential pet poisoning concerns all around us—in our homes, our yards, barns, fields, etc. All too often pets are endangered as a result of their natural curiosity.
Focusing on dogs, cats, horses, and birds, the ASPCA Animal Poison Control Center’s (APCC) free mobile app helps owners quickly identify over 300 potential everyday hazards, provides crucial information about the severity of the problem and critical next steps.
Information found in the app comes from the expert veterinary staff at APCC, which has handled over 2.5 million cases of pets exposed to potentially toxic substances.
The ASPCA Animal Poison Control App Features:
- A searchable database of hundreds of different substances including but not limited to: household hazards, medications and warm and cold weather toxins commonly found in or around an animal’s surroundings.
- Details for each toxin including: scientific name, common names, sample images, severity of exposure and potential symptoms for at-risk dogs, cats, horses, and birds.
- Color-coding to help you identify the toxins of most concern.
- Chocolate and rodenticide poison calculators to determine severity level.
- One-touch speed-dialing to the ASPCA Animal Poison Control Center.
- Online and offline access to app information.
- Access to APCC online resources.
- Information about APCC podcasts, speaking engagements and other events.
For questions, or if you are having any issues downloading our free app, please contact our Client Services department at [email protected].