5 Ways YOU Can Volunteer to Help Animals!
It’s National Volunteer Appreciation Week and we couldn’t be more excited to take a moment to celebrate our INCREDIBLE volunteers near and far. Without them, we couldn’t reach as many animals as we do every year. Whether it’s helping with daily care and walks or helping to remove animals from harm’s way when disaster strikes, ASPCA volunteers and volunteer responders are making a lifesaving impact on animal lives.
But there are more ways to volunteer for animals than you may know! And you—yes, YOU—can get involved and help animals today. See our list below and check out these five ways to volunteer your time or use your voice for animals nationwide!
1. Become an advocacy volunteer! Join one of our advocacy volunteer programs to help us pass animal-friendly legislation and mobilize other animal advocates in your community.
2. Deploy with the National Field Response (NFR) team! Looking to get boots on the ground and help animals during natural disasters or cruelty cases? Sign up to become an NFR volunteer responder.
3. Join the Horse Action Team! To meet our goal of banning horse slaughter for good, we’re seeking advocates like you who are willing to step up for horses by actively participating in advocacy work right where you live.
4. Become a foster pet parent! If you live in New York City or the tri-state area, Los Angeles, Asheville, North Carolina or Columbus, Ohio, you can give an ASPCA animal a chance to get out of the shelter environment before finding an adoptive home. Not in one of these areas? Sign up with your local shelter!
5. Volunteer at an ASPCA facility! Not ready to take on an animal of your own? Help us care for animals in one of our facilities nationwide. We are looking for volunteers in New York City or the tri-state area, Asheville, North Carolina and Columbus, Ohio. If you’re not from the area, contact your local shelter to see if they need help from volunteers.
We can’t wait to see all the new faces that join these volunteer teams and all those we get to celebrate during next year’s National Volunteer Appreciation Week! Don’t wait, sign up now or explore opportunities through local shelters or rescues!