Volunteer at the ASPCA Behavioral Rehabilitation Center
Thank you for your interest in volunteering with the ASPCA Behavioral Rehabilitation Center (BRC). The BRC is the first and only permanent facility dedicated strictly to the study and behavioral rehabilitation of extremely fearful, undersocialized dogs, most victims of cruelty or neglect. In order to maximize the impact of our hands-on work with these dogs, the BRC provides research-based training for shelter professionals around the country. We rely on our wonderful volunteers to help with many aspects of BRC operations. Their dedication and commitment make our lifesaving work possible.
ASPCA Behavioral Rehabilitation Center, located in Weaverville, NC 28787
Volunteer Opportunities will be available 7 days per week, from 10:00 A.M to 1:00 P.M. and 2:30 P.M. to 5:30 P.M.
Flexible, although we request that volunteers participate in at least two opportunities per month
18 years of age or older
Rehab Center volunteers assist with the treatment, enrichment and daily care of dogs in the program. Volunteer activities may include:
- Assisting with behavior modification sessions (under the direct supervision of staff)
- Serving as videographer or unfamiliar person to greet dogs during behavior evaluations
- Preparing and distributing enrichment items
- Performing daily tasks (preparing food/treats, refilling water bowls, doing laundry, etc.)
- Fulfilling other duties as needed
How to Apply:
For more information, please email [email protected].