Mobile Adoption Calendar & Locations
The ASPCA Mobile Adoption program brings shelter pets and potential pet parents together by traveling to communities throughout New York City's five boroughs. Our state-of-the-art Mobile Adoption center travels multiple days each week to a neighborhood near you. Adopters can spend time with a cat or kitten (and the occasional dog) and go home with their new furry friend the very same day.
All of our animals are spayed or neutered, up-to-date on vaccinations, microchipped, and come with a leash or carrier. Adoption fees range from $75 to $200.
Our knowledgeable adoption counselors are on hand to provide all the information you need and help you find the purrfect match. Please note that Mobile Adoption events are subject to change. For more information about our Mobile Adoption schedule, please call (212) 876-7700 ext. 4900.
Please note: We often bring only cats and kittens to our offsite events. If you are interested in adopting a dog, please check for event listings which indicate that dogs will be present, or, visit the ASPCA Adoption Center at 424 E. 92nd St in Manhattan.
When you are ready to visit the ASPCA Mobile Adoption event, please note the following to facilitate the adoption process:
- You must be 18 years of age or older to adopt.
- Adopters are required to provide a non-expired government issued photo ID with date of birth (e.g. Driver’s License, State Identification Card, Passport, etc.); in some cases, a separate proof of current address may be required (such as a lease or a telephone, utility or cable bill) and we recommend adopters bring this with them. You will also be asked to provide the names for each member of the household over the age of 18.
- If you are interested in adopting a dog, all other residents of your household are welcome and encouraged to meet the dog during the adoption process, however, this is not a requirement. Only the person planning to adopt is required to come meet the dog.
- If you are interested in adopting a dog and already have a dog at home, you may wish to bring your dog for a meet-and-greet. This is not required, but the staff will be happy to accommodate this request if you desire. If you bring your resident dog with you, please also ask a trusted friend or family member to accompany you to wait with your resident dog while you tour the animals available for adoption. Owned animals are not permitted on tours and staff cannot be responsible for pets owned by members of the public.
- If you have a resident cat, please leave them at home as we cannot perform any adoptions with resident cats present.
- You may be asked to provide one personal reference, reachable by phone.
- Be sure to check your building’s policy relevant to pet ownership to avoid any landlord concerns.
- If you have any questions, please call the Adoption Desk at (212) 876-7700, ext. 4120.
- In most cases, you can take your new pet home on the same day. Prepare your home and check out our adoption tips before you pay us a visit.
- Please note that all of the cats available for adoption will be required to go home in a secure pet carrier; if you already own a secure pet carrier we encourage you to bring it with you when you come to adopt. For your convenience, we have secure pet carriers available for purchase or rent for a fee of $35.
Download an Application
You can get a head-start on the adoption process by downloading and printing a dog or cat adopter survey. Simply fill out the surveys and bring them when you attend an ASPCA Mobile Adoption event.
View ASPCA Mobile Adoption Events in a larger map
Please note: the exact location of the Mobile Adoption vehicle may change day-of, but will be in the vicinity of location listed.