Mobile Adoption Calendar & Locations
The ASPCA Mobile Adoption program brings shelter pets and potential pet parents together by traveling to communities throughout New York City's five boroughs. Our state-of-the-art Mobile Adoption center travels to a neighborhood near you. Adopters can spend time with a cat or kitten (and the occasional dog) and go home with their new furry friend the very same day.
All of our animals are spayed or neutered, up-to-date on vaccinations, microchipped, and come with a leash or cardboard carrier (when appropriate). Effective September 20th, the ASPCA Adoption Center will encourage a $150 suggested adoption fee when adopting an animal. This suggested adoption fee allows the ASPCA to continue our lifesaving work and help even more animals in need. We are grateful for any and all amounts given at the time of adoption.
Our knowledgeable adoption counselors are on hand to provide all the information you need and help you find the purrfect match. Please note that Mobile Adoption events are subject to change. For more information about our Mobile Adoption schedule, please call (212) 876-7700 ext. 4900.
Please note: We often bring only cats and kittens to our offsite events. If you are interested in adopting a dog, please check for event listings which indicate that dogs will be present, or, visit our Adoptable Dogs page.
When you are ready to visit the ASPCA Mobile Adoption event, please note the following to facilitate the adoption process:
- You must be 18 years of age or older to adopt.
- Adopters are required to provide a non-expired government issued photo ID with date of birth (e.g. Driver’s License, State Identification Card, Passport, etc.); in some cases, a separate proof of current address may be required (such as a lease or a telephone, utility or cable bill) and we recommend adopters bring this with them. You will also be asked to provide the names for each member of the household over the age of 18.
- If you are interested in adopting a dog, all other residents of your household are welcome and encouraged to meet the dog during the adoption process, however, this is not a requirement. Only the person planning to adopt is required to come meet the dog.
- If you are interested in adopting a dog and already have a dog at home, you may wish to bring your dog for a meet-and-greet. This is not required, but the staff will be happy to accommodate this request if you desire. If you bring your resident dog with you, please also ask a trusted friend or family member to accompany you to wait with your resident dog while you tour the animals available for adoption. Owned animals are not permitted on tours and staff cannot be responsible for pets owned by members of the public.
- If you have a resident cat, please leave them at home as we cannot perform any adoptions with resident cats present.
- Be sure to check your building’s policy relevant to pet ownership to avoid any landlord concerns.
- If you have any questions, please call the Adoption Desk at (212) 876-7700, ext. 4120.
- In most cases, you can take your new pet home on the same day. Prepare your home and check out our adoption tips before you pay us a visit.
- Please note that all of the cats available for adoption will be required to go home in a secure pet carrier; if you already own a secure pet carrier we encourage you to bring it with you when you come to adopt. For your convenience, we have secure pet carriers available for purchase or rent for a fee of $35.
- The ASPCA is committed to prioritizing the health and safety of the community, the animals in our care and our staff, and we are keeping a close eye on developments related to the COVID-19 crisis as they evolve. As such, all members of the public will be required to wear a face mask while interacting with staff and volunteers—onboard and off the Mobile Adoption Unit—in addition to social distancing. Due to the limited space available on the Mobile Adoption Unit, one member of the adoptive household (in addition to one child, if present) will be allowed onboard during the adoption process.
- Please note: Adoptions are first come, first served. We recommend arriving as early as possible.
View ASPCA Mobile Adoption Events in a larger map
Sunday, October 3rd *cats only*
St. John the Divine
1047 Amsterdam Ave
Morningside Heights, Manhattan
Saturday, October 23rd *cats only*
Park of the Americas
41st Ave & 104th St
Event rescheduled from 10/16
Saturday, October 30th *cats only*
St. Mary's Park
St. Ann's Ave & E 148th St
Mott Haven, The Bronx
Please note: the exact location of the Mobile Adoption vehicle may change day-of, but will be in the vicinity of location listed.