Kitten Fostering for the ASPCA in Los Angeles
Thank you for your interest in becoming an ASPCA Los Angeles Kitten Foster Caregiver!
During kitten season, a huge influx of kittens are relinquished to the Downey and Baldwin Park Animal Care Centers. In order to give these kittens the best possible chance for a happy outcome, the ASPCA needs to find them temporary homes with caring people who will look after them until they are strong enough to be adopted by a new family. We provide all the food, supplies and medical services, as well as all the support you can ask for—all we need from you is TLC. Fostering saves lives!
To get started, please complete the online application today. In the application, you will need to RSVP for an upcoming virtual information session where you will learn everything you need to know about our program and ask any questions you may have.
We do have some basic requirements. All fosters must:
- Be 18 years or older.
- Be willing and able to take your foster pets to follow-up veterinary appointments every 2-3 weeks.
- Keep your foster pets separate from household pets for two weeks in a spare room. If this is not possible, we will provide you with a large dog crate or cat condo for them to stay in.
- Feed, replace litter and keep the cat’s area clean.
- Monitor the pets’ daily health.
- Socialize them (play and cuddle!)
- Help us find them a home by posting on your social networks and introducing them to potential adopters.
Have more questions you want to ask before filling out the online application? Email Tina Reddington, Director of the Los Angeles Volunteer Program, at [email protected].
Ready to Apply? Click here to fill out our online volunteer application.