What They’re Not Telling You About Pit Bulls
One of our favorite days of the year, National Pit Bull Awareness Day, is just days away! In honor of this paw-liday, we wanted to tell you the truth about pit bulls—even if you think you already know everything about this breed, we bet you didn’t know about these facts!
1. They are SUCH couch hogs!
2. They’ll even steal your blanket!
3. They’re those guys who actually stop to smell the roses—unbelievable!
4. Sometimes they’ll want to play with you, or even ON you
5. While other times they’ll want to play alone—I mean can they make up their mind!?
6. Did we mention they’ll steal ALL the toys?
7. Their smiles are impossible to compete with!
8. They are often love bugs and it seems like sometimes they’re just using us for belly rubs.
9. They can be such a smarty pants, always ready to brag about what tricks they know.
10. They may even try to give you a big smooch!
If you’re not into loveable, playful and kiss-giving pups, then stay away from these pitties! Often misrepresented and mislabeled, pit bulls get a bad reputation, when really, they make amazing companions like any other dog! It is important to remember that each individual dog of any breed has their own needs and personalities—it’s all about finding the right fit. If you go in with an open mind and open heart, then you just may have found your new best friend.
Not only is it National Pit Bull Awareness Day, but the entire month of October is Adopt a Shelter Dog Month! This month you can give a deserving dog a second chance and a loving home by adopting—or temporarily fostering! You can find the pup for you at a shelter near you or if you live in the tri-state area, or near Asheville, North Carolina, you can see adoptable dogs through the ASPCA!