Special Holiday Event: Bring Home a New Pet and Enjoy Discounted Adoption Fees at the ASPCA!
If you’re considering adding a furry addition to your family, the holiday season is the perfect time to provide a shelter dog or cat with a loving home. To encourage pet adoption and bring even more joy to New Yorkers’ homes this season, the ASPCA Adoption Center is hosting a festive adoption event! From Saturday, December 20 through Wednesday, December 31, enjoy discounted fees on all animals and free gifts for adopters.
During the event, adopters can take advantage of the following promotions:
- Kittens between the ages of four months and one year have an adoption fee of $50 (normally $125).
- If you choose to adopt two kittens, there is no adoption fee for the second one.
- All cats older than one year have no adoption fee.
- Dog adoption fees will be discounted by 50 percent.
- Every adopter will have the opportunity to select an envelope from the ASPCA Giving Tree with the chance to win free toys, coupons or supplies for their new pet!
- Gift-a-Pet Certificates can also be purchased, which cover the cost of the adoption fee for a new cat or kitten, allowing the recipient to return and adopt a pet of their own.
Every animal adopted from the ASPCA Adoption Center is spayed/neutered, microchipped and fully vaccinated. Each animal will go home with a free collar and ID tag, cardboard carrier for cats and leash for dogs, and a voucher for a free visit to the ASPCA Animal Hospital.
There’s no greater gift a shelter animal can receive this holiday season than a loving family. If you’re in the New York City area, browse dogs and cats at the ASPCA Adoption Center, or find adoptable dogs and cats in your area with our national shelter search tool.
Below are some adoptable animals at the ASPCA who are a tiny bit "naughty," but 100% lovable! They're looking for loving homes this holiday season: