Shop With Your Heart - Easter Egg Shopping List
Spring has sprung! Want to pair kinder farming with a fun family tradition? We’ve made your next egg-decorating project easier—and more humane—with a shopping list of white-shelled, welfare-certified eggs.
Look for these labels! You’ll have the best luck finding Animal Welfare Approved eggs at farms and Certified Humane eggs in supermarkets:
|Animal Welfare Approved (AWA)||Certified Humane (CH)|
To purchase these products online or find them in-store, visit our main Brand List.
For more information about Certified Humane and other welfare certifications and claims, check out our comprehensive label guide. And remember, there are tons of alternatives to real eggs for dyeing and crafting, including biodegradable, ceramic, wooden and cardboard eggs!
- Albertsons – Open Nature cage-free white eggs
- Alderfer’s Eggs – all products certified
- Aldi – Goldhen free range eggs *only available in select stores
- Alexandre Family Farm – Pasture Raised Eggs; All Products Certified
- Carol’s Eggs – all products certified
- Davidson’s Safest Choice Cage-Free Eggs – all products certified
- Farmer’s Hen House – all products certified
- Giving Nature – all products certified
- Great Day – all products certified
- Green Meadow Organics – all products certified
- Happy Belly Cage-Free Eggs – all products certified
- Ingles Market – Laura Lynn Eggs
- Joia Food Farm – all products certified
- Lathem Farms – all products certified
- Natural Grocers – pasture-raised eggs
- New Seasons Market – cage-free eggs
- Phil’s Fresh Eggs – all products certified
- Safeway – Open Nature cage-free eggs
- Shaws – Open Nature cage-free eggs
- Star Market – Open Nature cage-free eggs
- Stiebrs Farms – Sunrise Fresh eggs, Natural choice Eggs
- Vons – Open Nature cage-free eggs
- Wilcox Farms – all products certified
Spring Holiday Meals
If you’re looking to make your spring feasts more humane, please visit aspca.org/foodbrands for a full list of our welfare-certified ingredients as well as plant-based alternatives.
If you are having trouble finding welfare-certified products or plant-based alternatives, let your local grocery store know you'd like more humane products or order ahead online!
P.S.: See how dyes take to white eggs versus brown eggs on this cool Nest Fresh page.
Please contact us at [email protected] if we have missed a company or product that should be on this list.
Egg Comparison Shareable