Five Ways You Can Help Animals on Pay It Forward Day
On April 28, consider keeping vulnerable animals top-of-mind and paying forward some kindness to our furry friends! Not sure how to celebrate Pay It Forward Day? Whether it’s making room in your home, making a lifesaving gift or participating from your couch, we’ve pulled together a list of five simple ways you can get involved:
1. Create a Facebook or Instagram Fundraiser! You can create a Facebook or Instagram fundraiser benefitting the ASPCA for your birthday, anniversary or just an ordinary day of the week! This encourages others to get involved and generates critical funds for animals in need.
2. Become a foster caregiver through your local shelter! You can give homeless dogs, cats and kittens their best chance at finding a loving home by temporarily opening your home and providing care. Use our shelter finder to find a shelter or rescue group near you.
3. Adopt a pet! Adopting may not be for everyone, and it’s a lot more responsibility than hosting a fundraiser. But if you have room in your home—and heart—consider adding a furry friend to your family! There are countless dogs and cats looking for homes to call their own and an adopter to love them for who they are. The ASPCA has all the resources you need to find adoptable dogs and cats in your area.
4. Sign up for the ASPCA Advocacy Brigade! Here’s a way to get involved from home. When you join the Advocacy Brigade, you will receive important alerts from us regarding animal safety and protections, and we will contact you when we need your help fighting for laws against animal cruelty.
5. Make a monthly gift! None of our lifesaving work would be possible without donors and ASPCA Guardians. Becoming a Guardian is the easiest way to fight animal cruelty and make a difference for animals throughout the year.
Thank you so much for paying forward kindness and compassion this Pay It Forward Day! We couldn’t do what we do every day if it wasn’t for animal lovers like you!