Another Impactful Year for Animals: Here’s What YOU Helped Us Accomplish in 2023
Three hundred and sixty-five days a year, the ASPCA works to rescue and protect animals in need across the country. In 2023, with the unwavering support of our members, ASPCA teams nationwide provided expert care for hundreds of thousands of animals in need!
As we continue our lifesaving work into 2024, we want to take a moment to reflect on and celebrate the extraordinary achievements and milestones from last year. Below are just a small portion of the successes that you helped make possible!
What You Helped Us Accomplish in 2023
- More than 90,000 animals in need across the country received expert care from ASPCA veterinary and/or behavior teams through Community Veterinary Clinics and mobile spay/neuter clinics in L.A., NYC and Miami; ASPCA Spay/Neuter Alliance services in North Carolina; and our behavior rehabilitation facilities in NYC, Ohio, North Carolina and Oklahoma.
- ASPCA shelter medicine experts consulted with nearly 90 organizations in 28 states, supporting nearly 200,000 animals.
- More than 5,000 animals were fostered or placed for adoption through ASPCA programs nationwide, including more than 1,700 cats and kittens who were helped through our feline foster program in Los Angeles.
- The ASPCA Animal Poison Control Center assisted more than 400,000 animals.
- More than 322,000 ASPCA advocates took action on behalf of animals nationwide.
- Our forensic sciences teams supported nearly 1,000 cases of suspected animal cruelty.
- Through ASPCA equine programs, including ASPCA Right Horse Partners, nearly 3,000 equines found homes.
- More than 1,000 animals were assisted through our animal rescue partnership with the NYPD.
- The ASPCA Relocation & Placement team partnered with 125 Source & Destination Shelters in 40 states and traveled more than 1,500,000 miles to give tens of thousands of animals across the country a chance at finding loving homes.
- Our national field response team assisted thousands of animal victims of cruelty, neglect and disaster through rescue, sheltering, veterinary care and other forms of assistance.
We could not be more thankful for all those who help make our work possible. With your continued support, 2024 will be another phenomenal year for animals!