Volunteer at the ASPCA Equine Transition and Adoption Center Pilot
The ASPCA’s Equine Transition and Adoption Center pilot (ETAC) is reshaping the landscape for at-risk equines by developing new and innovative safety net and rehoming programs.
Our work is helped immensely by volunteers who are as passionate and dedicated to our horses, mules and donkeys as we are. Our volunteers assist us in daily operations and the care of our small herd. Whether you’ve got years of horse experience or have loved horses from afar and want to learn, there’s a place for you at ETAC.
- 18 years of age or older.
- While the time commitment is flexible, we ask that you commit to volunteering at least twice a month.
Our volunteers help with a variety of different tasks around the farm. Depending on your skill set and interests, you may be involved with the following:
- Preparing and distributing feed and enrichment activities
- Assisting with barns and grounds upkeep
- Talking with prospective adopters and visitors at the farm and in the community
- Assisting with administrative tasks, marketing and office work
- Fulfilling other duties as needed
If you live in Oklahoma, consider becoming a foster home for an adoptable equine. Email [email protected] for more information.
How to Apply:
For more information, please fill out our online application form.
If you are interested in adopting from ETAC, meet our adoptable horses.