ASPCA® Gets Ready to 'Go Orange for Animals'Landmarks, Corporate Sponsors to Help Celebrate Prevention of Cruelty to Animals Month this April
NEW YORKLandmarks around the country will be lighting up in orange this April on behalf of the ASPCA® (The American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals®) to commemorate Prevention of Cruelty to Animals Month, a nationwide celebration of the human-animal bond and the organization’s victories on behalf of animals.
“We’re deeply honored by the support of landmarks and sponsors that have decided to ‘go orange’ this year,” said ASPCA President & CEO Ed Sayres. “Prevention of Cruelty to Animals month is a time of reflection for both the ASPCA and the nation. This month reminds us of the successes we’ve had preventing animal cruelty and helping homeless pets find safe and loving homes.”
Beginning April 1st, the following landmarks across the country will join the ASPCA celebration and light up orange:
- April 1 – 30, Sun Trust Financial Centre in Tampa, Fla.
- April 1 – 30, Red Lion Hotel at the Park – Spokane, Wash.
- April 1 – 5, Graceland in Memphis, Tenn.
- April 1 – 4, Cira Centre in Philadelphia, Penn.
- April 1, America the Beautiful Park in Colorado Springs, Colo.
- April 1, Niagara Falls
- April 3 – 17, Mid-Hudson Bridge in Poughkeepsie, N.Y.
- April 5 – 9, Basketball Hall of Fame in Springfield, Mass.
- April 5 – 30, Strawberry Mansion Bridge in Philadelphia, Penn.
- April 7 – 14, Fifth Third Bank Tower in Cincinnati, OH
- April 9, Los Angeles International Airport
- April 12 – 16, One Liberty South in Philadelphia, Penn.
- April 14, Boathouse Row, Philadelphia, Penn
- April 16, Woolworth Building in New York, N.Y.
- April 16 – 17, Brooklyn Borough Hall in Brooklyn, N. Y.
- April 16 – 17, Con Edison Building in New York, N.Y.
- April 17, Ben Franklin Bridge, Philadelphia, Penn.
- April 17, Empire State Building in New York, N.Y.
ASPCA corporate sponsors will also be joining the effort against animal cruelty. Subaru of America, Clorox - the makers of Fresh Step litter, Brown Cow All Natural Yogurt, and Dyson will be supporting events in New York City, Tampa, Fla., and Dallas, Texas advocating pet adoption and wellness.
Also included in this year’s celebration of Prevention of Cruelty to Animals Month is the ASPCA Ambassadors Program. ASPCAAmbassadors.org is an online network which gives ASPCA supporters across the country the chance to become an “ASPCA Ambassador” by hosting events in their community – be it a bake sale, car wash, or bike-athon on the ASPCA’s behalf. Those who register their event will receive a 15 percent discount on a selection of orange merchandise from the ASPCA Online Store and could be featured on the ASPCA website. For more information about the ASPCA Ambassadors program, please visit www.ASPCAAmbassadors.org.
Prevention of Cruelty to Animals Month is held appropriately each year in April to honor the anniversary of the ASPCA’s founding in 1866. For more information about the ASPCA’s rich history and how you can be a voice for animals, please visit www.AspcaApril.org.