ASPCA® Collection Unveiled at Wal-Mart StoresPet Products from Nation’s Oldest Humane Organization are “What they’d ask for, if they could”™
NEW YORKThe ASPCA® (The American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals®) today announced that its new collection of high quality pet care products, the ASPCA Collection, is now available at Wal-Mart stores.
“The ASPCA is thrilled to be pairing with a major retailer like Wal-Mart, so that pet parents across the country will have access to these affordable, quality pet care products,” said ASPCA President & CEO Ed Sayres. “The new ASPCA Collection embodies the ASPCA’s over 140 years of understanding of what makes animals feel safe, happy and loved.”
“With the introduction of the ASPCA Collection, Wal-Mart is taking another step in its commitment to help its customer save money and provide quality care to their pets,” said Senior Buyer John Kunkel.
Developed in close collaboration with the ASPCA’s staff of animal behaviorists and pet experts, the ASPCA Collection provide solutions to enable pet parents to enhance their bond with their companions in a variety of ways. Just as the ASPCA is the voice for companion animals, ASPCA branded pet products are “What they’d ask for, if they could”™.
The ASPCA Collection of pet care products will include the following thoughtfully developed products:
- Pet Gates that help keep dogs safely confined to one area of your home.
- Dog collars, leashes and harnesses – made from eco-friendly materials and with unique messaging (select Wal-Mart stores only)
- Dog Houses that provide temporary protection from the elements.
- Pet Carriers, a safe and convenient way to bring your best friend with you when you travel.
- Home Training Kennels that help to keep dogs safely confined while at home or away. Useful whenever you are unable to provide direct supervision for a young dog.
- Dog Toys that will enhance your bond with your pet through playtime.
- Outdoor Kennels, a great alternative for keeping your pets safe while outdoors when fencing your yard is not an option. (available through Walmart.com only)
Additional ASPCA Collection items are available at www.Walmart.com/pets.
Each ASPCA Collection package features membership information as well as “Dr. Z’s Pet Care Tips” – valuable information from certified animal behaviorist, Dr. Stephen Zawistowski, Executive Vice President of ASPCA Programs and Science Advisor. Further, a percentage of the purchase price supports the ASPCA’s important work in providing effective means for the prevention of cruelty to animals throughout the United States. The ASPCA will receive between 1.5 and 4 percent of the purchase price of ASPCA Collection products sold at Wal-Mart, for a minimum guaranteed donation of $780,000.
*Available at select Wal-Mart stores
**Available through Walmart.com only