ASPCA Names 38 Recipients of Nearly $280,000 in Grant Funding For October 2013 ‘Mega Match-a-thon’ EventsAdoption Events Will Bring Shelters Together in Effort to Find Pets Loving Homes
NEW YORK—The ASPCA® (American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals®) today announced that 38 animal rescue organizations are receiving grant funding to participate in nationwide ASPCA ‘Mega Match-a-thon’ events, which will take place from October 18-20, 2013. The ASPCA is granting more than $278,000 to support a host of large-scale adoption events held nationwide in an effort to save more lives of shelter animals.
“Last year’s ASPCA Mega Match-a-thon saw more than 6,100 pets were adopted in just one weekend,” said Julie Morris, senior vice president of community outreach for the ASPCA. “These events are a great opportunity for the participants to make noise about all of the wonderful dogs and cats in their care that are just waiting for someone to bring them home.”
The 38 animal rescue organizations that will team up to host adoption events during the 2013 ASPCA ‘Mega Match-a-thon’ event are:
- Ramona Humane Society in San Jacinto, Calif.
- Riverside County Department of Animal Services in Jurupa Valley, Calif.
- Sacramento SPCA in Sacramento, Calif.
- Humane Society of the Pikes Peak Region in Colorado Springs, Colo.
- Fort Collins Cat Rescue & Spay/Neuter Clinic in Fort Collins, Colo.
- Alachua County Humane Society in Gainesville, Fla.
- Miami-Dade Animal Services in Miami, Fla.
- Humane Society of Greater Miami in North Miami Beach, Fla.
- Humane Society of Tampa Bay in Tampa, Fla.
- Peggy Adams Animal Rescue League in West Palm Beach, Fla.
- Humane Society Calumet Area in Munster, Ind.
- Animal Rescue League Of Iowa in Des Moines, Iowa
- Great Plains SPCA in Merriam, Kan.
- Scott County Humane Society in Georgetown, Ky.
- Louisiana Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals (LA/SPCA) in New Orleans, La.
- Bangor Humane Society in Bangor, Maine
- Greater Androscoggin Humane Society in Lewiston, Maine
- Humane Society Waterville Area in Waterville, Maine
- Humane Society of South Mississippi in Gulfport, Miss.
- No Kill Columbia in Columbia, Mo.
- Kansas City Pet Project in Kansas City, Mo.
- Wayside Waifs in Kansas City, Mo.
- Humane Society of Western Montana in Missoula, Mont.
- Nebraska Humane Society in Omaha, Neb.
- The Animal Foundation in Las Vegas, Nev.
- St. Hubert’s Animal Welfare Center in Madison, N.J.
- Santa Fe Animal Shelter in Santa Fe, N.M.
- Humane Society of Greater Rochester and Monroe County in Fairport, N.Y.
- Animal Care and Control Team of Philadelphia in Philadelphia, Pa.
- Charleston Animal Society in North Charleston, S.C.
- Greenville County Animal Care Services in Greenville, S.C.
- Friends of Young-Williams Animal Center in Knoxville, Tenn.
- Austin Humane Society in Austin, Texas
- Hill Country Animal League SPCA in Boerne, Texas
- Citizens For Animal Protection in Houston, Texas
- Virginia Beach SPCA in Virginia Beach, Va.
- Washington Animal Rescue League in Washington, D.C.
- Dane County Humane Society in Madison, Wis.
For more information about the ASPCA ‘Mega Match-a-thon’ events these shelters will be holding, please stay tuned to the ASPCA.