ASPCA Grants a Total of $220,000 to 33 Animal Welfare Organizations For October ‘Mega Match-a-thon’ Events, Presented by SubaruNationwide adoption events will help more pets find loving homes
NEW YORK—The ASPCA® (American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals®) today announced that 33 animal welfare organizations are receiving grant funding to participate in nationwide ASPCA ‘Mega Match-a-thon’ events presented by Subaru, which will take place from October 17-19, 2014. The ASPCA is granting $220,000 to support a host of large-scale adoption events held nationwide in an effort to save the lives of more shelter animals.
“This is our third year holding the ASPCA Mega Match-a-thon and we can’t wait to see what this year’s participants have planned,” said Julie Morris, senior vice president of community outreach for the ASPCA. “Creative events planned by the shelters get the attention of their local communities, which helps even more dogs and cats find loving homes.”
The 33 animal welfare organizations that will host adoption events during the 2014 ASPCA ‘Mega Match-a-thon’ events, presented by Subaru are:
- Animal Refuge Foundation of Wayne County, Inc. in Jesup, Ga.
- Animal Rescue League of Iowa, Inc. in Des Moines, Iowa
- Asheville Humane Society in Asheville, N.C.
- Austin Humane Society in Austin, Texas
- Bangor Humane Society in Bangor, Maine
- Beam Foundation/Texas Alliance For Homeless Pets in Southlake, Texas
- Charleston Animal Society in Charleston, S.C.
- Citizens For Animal Protection, Inc. in Houston, Texas
- City of Grand Prairie - Prairie Paws Animal Shelter in Grand Prairie, Texas
- City of Memphis Animal Services in Memphis, Tenn.
- Dakin Pioneer Valley Humane Society, Inc. in Springfield, Mass.
- Dane County Humane Society in Madison, Wis.
- Greater Androscoggin Humane Society in Lewiston, Maine
- Greenville County Animal Care Services in Greenville, S.C.
- Humane Society of Broward County in Ft. Lauderdale, Fla.
- Humane Society of Johnson County in Clarksville, Ark.
- Humane Society of North Texas in Ft. Worth, Texas
- Humane Society of Rochester and Monroe County PCA, Inc. in Fairport, N.Y.
- Humane Society of Tampa in Tampa, Fla.
- Kitsap Humane Society in Silverdale, Wash.
- Louisiana SPCA in New Orleans, La.
- Miami-Dade Animal Services in Miami, Fla.
- Nevada Humane Society, Inc. in Reno, Nev.
- Ramona Humane Society, Inc. in San Jacinto, Calif.
- Sacramento SPCA in Sacramento, Calif.
- San Diego Humane Society and SPCA in San Diego, Calif.
- South Suburban Humane Society in Chicago Heights, Ill.
- St. Hubert’s Animal Welfare Center in Madison, N.J.
- The Animal Foundation in Las Vegas, Nev.
- The Pennsylvania SPCA in Philadelphia, Pa.
- Virginia Beach SPCA in Virginia Beach, Va.
- Wayside Waifs, Inc. in Kansas City, Mo.
- Young-Williams Animal Center of East Tennessee in Knoxville, Tenn.
Since 2008, the ASPCA has granted over $74 million to over 2,400 shelters, rescues and other animal welfare organizations across the country. To learn more about the ASPCA’s Grants Program, interested animal welfare professionals can visit www.aspcapro.org/grants.
Since 2008, Subaru of America, Inc. and its retailers nationwide have partnered with the ASPCA to help thousands of pets find new homes. For more information about ASPCA ‘Mega Match-a-thon’ events, please stay tuned to the ASPCA.
About Subaru of America, Inc.
Subaru of America, Inc. is a wholly owned subsidiary of Fuji Heavy Industries Ltd. of Japan. Headquartered at a zero-landfill office in Cherry Hill, N.J., the company markets and distributes Subaru vehicles, parts and accessories through a network of more than 600 retailers across the United States. All Subaru products are manufactured in zero-landfill production plants and Subaru of Indiana Automotive Inc. is the only U.S. automobile production plant to be designated a backyard wildlife habitat by the National Wildlife Federation. For additional information, visit media.subaru.com.