Field Investigations and Response Daily Care Responder
Dates and Location:
Available dates and locations for deployments are communicated when the need for volunteers arises. Most volunteer opportunities will require travel. To receive email requests for volunteer opportunities on specific deployments, including dates and location, please complete the application process.
FIR requests that volunteers participate in at least one seven-day deployment annually.
Daily Care Volunteers travel to the destination of a FIR operation to provide shelter set-up and daily animal care support to victims of cruelty or disaster. Tasks may include feeding, cleaning, behavioral enrichment and the safe humane handling and care of animals. Daily Care Volunteers are also responsible for monitoring the general health and behavior of the animals and reporting any issues to team leaders.
- 18 years of age or older
- Ability to walk, stand, bend and reach repetitively for long periods of time
- Ability to lift 50 lbs repetitively for long periods of time
- High levels of flexibility and professionalism (treat animals, peers and colleagues with care and respect)
- Willingness to volunteer flexible hours, long days and weekends
- Ability to cope with physically and mentally challenging environments
- Animal handling experience a plus
- Full briefing and orientation upon arrival
- Hands-on training relevant to your assigned duties
How to Apply:
- Submit the following documents to [email protected]:
- Volunteer Responder Information Form **Trouble viewing this PDF? You may need to download it (right-click + "Save link as") and open it using the latest version of Adobe Reader (get it here).
- Signed Volunteer Waiver
- Certificates you have received for all completed ASPCA and FEMA courses (in PDF format)
- Please allow 2-4 weeks for processing