It’s Our 150th Anniversary! Here Are Five Ways to Take Part in 150 Days of Rescue
This Sunday, April 10, marks the ASPCA’s 150th anniversary. We are so proud of the work we’ve accomplished for animals over the past 15 decades, and we are thankful for all of the support that helped us get to where we are today. In honor of this very special anniversary, we’re launching 150 Days of Rescue: a campaign to inspire the nation to reach 150,000 actions for animals in just 150 days! There are so many ways to make a difference during this exciting time. Here are five ways to take action:
1. Take Action for a chance to win $150,000 in grant funding for your local shelter. If you commit just 15 minutes to helping animals and enter your action on our 150 Days of Rescue page, you can enter your local shelter to win $150,000 in grant funds from the ASPCA! Taking action can be as simple as talking to a friend about animal welfare issues, or volunteering at your local shelter.
2. Create your own fundraising campaign and receive our ASPCA 150th Anniversary Pride Pack. From starting an online fundraiser to hosting a 150th Anniversary Celebration, you can help the ASPCA continue our mission and spread awareness about the prevention of cruelty to animals. Raise $150 or more to receive a limited edition 150th Anniversary ASPCA Pride Pack.
3. Share your rescued pet’s photo for a chance to win our #ASPCA150 Photo Contest. Upload your best photo of your rescued pet and tell us your favorite thing about them. Over the course of 150 days, we’ll be collecting photos below and choosing a winner each week to win prizes from one of our partners: Animal Planet, Tito’s Handmade Vodka, and Vans.
4. Attend a special ASPCA 150th Anniversary event in New York City on Sunday, April 10. In honor of our birthday, we’re hosting a Paws Parade and mega adoption events in Manhattan and Brooklyn, New York, on Sunday, April 10. Plus, the Empire State Building will light up orange to commemorate this special day!
5. Join Team ASPCA and claim your limited edition ASPCA 150th Anniversary medal. Join Team ASPCA for one of our major athletic events across the country—including half marathons, marathons, bike races and triathlons—and claim your limited edition 150th Anniversary medal.
We’d like to thank you in advance for making a difference for animals in need. We can’t wait to see what we can accomplish together over the next 150 days!