ASPCA Grants $160,000 to 16 Animal Welfare Organizations For October 'Mega Match-a-thon' Events Presented by SubaruFour weekends of adoption events nationwide will help more pets find loving homes
NEW YORK—The ASPCA® (American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals®) today announced that 16 animal welfare organizations from across the country have received grant funding to hold community adoption events during the 4th Annual ASPCA ‘Mega Match-a-thon’ event presented by Subaru. Grant recipients will hold their adoption events during one of four weekends (Friday through Monday) from October 2-26, 2015. The ASPCA is granting a total of $160,000 to support these events in an effort to save the lives of more shelter animals. As part of their support, Subaru will be hosting or promoting these adoptions at several of their retail locations. The events coincide with Subaru Loves Pets Month, which takes place each October.
“During the third annual ASPCA Mega Match-a-thon last October, 4,865 dogs and cats found homes in just one weekend,” said Julie Morris, senior vice president of community outreach for the ASPCA. “By extending the 2015 Mega Match-a-thon over four consecutive weekends this year, we’re hoping it generates even more buzz and saves even more lives.”
The 16 animal welfare organizations that will host 2015 ASPCA ‘Mega Match-a-thon’ adoption events are:
- Animal Rescue League of Western Pa. in Pittsburgh, Pa.
- Austin Humane Society in Austin, Texas
- Brazoria County Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals in Lake Jackson, Texas
- Charleston Animal Society in Charleston, S.C.
- Greater Androscoggin Humane Society in Lewiston, Maine
- Humane Society of Indianapolis in Indianapolis, Ind.
- Humane Society of North Texas in Fort Worth, Texas
- Humane Society of South Mississippi in Gulfport, Miss.
- Jacksonville Humane Society in Jacksonville, Fla.
- Kansas City Pet Project in Kansas City, Mo.
- Kitsap Humane Society in Silverdale, Wash.
- Louisville Metro Animal Services/Kentucky Humane Society in Louisville, Ky.
- Lynchburg Humane Society in Lynchburg, Va.
- Miami-Dade Animal Services in Miami, Fla.
- Ramona Humane Society, Inc. in San Jacinto, Calif.
- The Humane Society for Seattle-King County in Bellevue, Wash.
Many of the 16 grant recipients are also teaming up with other shelters in their community, giving even more animals a chance to find loving homes. For more information about ASPCA ‘Mega Match-a-thon’ events happening near you, please click here.
Since 2008, Subaru has donated over $11 million to the ASPCA through “Share the Love” and affected the lives of over 10,000 animals. To date, more than 365 shelters across the country have partnered with Subaru retailers during the annual Subaru Share the Love event to help find homes for hundreds of animals.