Help Animals Live Good Lives!
Are you dedicated to the belief that animals are entitled to kind and respectful treatment? At the ASPCA, you’ll engage with committed colleagues around the country who are working together to ensure that animals are valued by society, protected by its laws and free from cruelty, pain and suffering.
View Job Openings
What’s it like to be a part of the ASPCA? See our work up close!
Our Culture & Core Values
At the ASPCA, we pride ourselves on being a respected leader for the protection and welfare of animals, and we offer our employees a fun, collaborative and entrepreneurial working environment. Our talented and diverse group of over 900 employees across the country has deep knowledge, skills and passion for the animals we serve and protect.
The mission of the ASPCA is to provide effective means for the prevention of cruelty to animals throughout the United States. We seek outstanding candidates who are dedicated to that mission and embody our core values.
Rooted in the belief that everyone benefits from continuous learning and development, the ASPCA’s Behavioral Competency Model provides a guide for how our staff demonstrates our Core Values to innovate and drive change for animals. Our team members at every level continually strive to achieve these behavioral competencies to advance our mission:
ASPCA Behavioral Competencies
- Thinks Critically and Strategically
- Achieves Quality Results
- Demonstrates Perseverance
- Drives Creativity and Innovation
- Continuously Learns and Teaches
- Builds Collaborative Relationships
- Fosters Open Communication
- Demonstrates Compassion Towards Self, Animals and Others
ASPCA staff work from coast to coast with pet owners, communities, shelters and rescues, law enforcement, legislators and many others to improve the lives of animals. From advocacy and education to cruelty investigations and disaster response, from behavioral rehabilitation to low-cost veterinary care, we help to rescue, care for and protect vulnerable animals, and find homes for those in need.
How We Work
- Strategic Animal Welfare Partnerships: Building alliances nationwide to create systemic change for animals
- Shelter & Veterinary Services: Providing direct care for animals in need and developing best practices
- Policy, Response & Engagement: Rescuing and rehabilitating animals, ensuring enforcement of cruelty laws, changing policies to improve animal welfare, and keeping pets and people together
- Development: Engaging individuals and organizations to support our lifesaving work
- Operations & Strategy: Optimizing our effectiveness through technology, people development, strategic planning, groundbreaking research, and risk management
- Media & Communications: Driving discussion and engagement across external and internal audiences through innovative campaigns and strategic messaging
- Finance: Helping to put donor dollars to use where needed most to advance lifesaving programs for animals
The ASPCA is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
For more information on your EEO rights under the law, view the EEO Law Notice [PDF] and EEO Law Notice Supplement [PDF].
The ASPCA will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the ASPCA’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-I.35(c).
We reward our people with competitive salaries and great benefits, including medical, dental, vision, 401k, paid time-off, and parental leave.
The ASPCA endeavors to make https://www.aspca.org/about-us/careers accessible to all users. If you wish to contact us about the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please email [email protected] or call Stephanie Walters at (212) 876-7700 ext. 4433. This contact information is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
Please note: By providing your contact information below, you agree to receive general updates from the ASPCA. Please continue to check this page for career-related updates and new job postings, as positions are updated regularly.