Conveniently located on the Upper East Side of Manhattan, the ASPCA Animal Hospital (AAH) provides high-quality veterinary care for pets. We offer emergency services and advanced health care to pets in the New York City area.
About Our Animal Hospital
Founded by the ASPCA in 1912, AAH provides high-quality specialized and general veterinary medicine for dogs and cats.
We are located at 424 East 92nd St. (between 1st and York Avenues) in Manhattan, New York City. Our phone number is (646) 259-4080.
AAH is open Monday through Friday from 8:00 A.M. to 6:00 P.M. (patient pick-ups until 7:00 P.M.), and Saturdays from 9:00 A.M. to 5:00 P.M. AAH is closed on Sundays.
Our Hospital is here to serve animals who would otherwise be unable to access veterinary care. Accordingly, the ASPCA Animal Hospital only accommodates clients whose total household income is $75,000 or less.
When you come to the ASPCA Animal Hospital, please bring with you one or more of the forms of income verification below:
- Prior year’s federal Income tax return
- Two recent pay stubs or verification of income from employer
- Social Security benefits statement
- Veterans Administration benefits statement
- Retirement or pension benefits statement
- Unemployment or Workers’ Compensation benefits statement
- Public Assistance award letter
- Two recent, consecutive bank statements
- Documentation of TANF or SSI benefits
Medical Appointments and Walk-In Patients
Appointments are scheduled for rechecks only. All other patients are seen on a walk-in basis.
Pets Who Need Appointments
- Pets coming to recheck or follow up on a condition for which the pet has previously been seen at our hospital within the past year.
- Pets who need to see one of our veterinary specialists (internal medicine or surgery).
- Pets adopted at the ASPCA who are either:
- Showing signs of illness within 14 days of being adopted, or
- Under six months old and in need of vaccine boosters.
How to Schedule a Recheck for an Ongoing Medical Problem Treated at AAH During the Past Year
Pets Who Should Be Seen as Walk-Ins
- All clients whose pet is sick or showing any symptoms should come as a walk-in.
- If your pet has been seen for the same condition at the hospital within the past year, you may schedule an appointment or come as a walk-in.
AAH is open for walk-ins Monday through Friday from 8:00 A.M. to 6:00 P.M. and Saturdays from 9:00 A.M. to 5:00 P.M. AAH is closed on Sundays.
Fees for Walk-In Patients
- Our walk-in fee was recently reduced to $105.
- In addition; there is a discount for those arriving early in the day on weekdays.
- Clients arriving before 3:00 P.M. Monday through Friday receive a $20 discount.
Please note: Wait times are likely to be significantly longer in the late afternoon/evening, and on Saturdays. We strongly advise arriving early on a weekday if possible in order to minimize your wait.
Request a Prescription Refill
The AAH prescription refill team is available weekdays from 8:00 A.M. to 6:00 P.M. and Saturdays from 9:00 A.M. to 5:00 P.M. to take your requests. AAH is closed on Sundays.
Please complete and submit the form below to send us your request. Please give us 24 hours to fill your order. Orders received on Saturdays, Sundays or holidays will be filled within 24 hours of our next business day. We will contact you if there is an issue that prevents us from refilling your prescription. If you have questions, please contact us at (646) 259-4080.
AAH provides high-quality specialized, emergency and general veterinary care to victims of animal cruelty, as well as the public’s pets. The hospital has a fully equipped animal Intensive Care Unit, advanced ultrasound and echocardiographic capabilities, endoscopy, laparoscopy, rhinoscopy, bronchoscopy, cystoscopy, digital radiography, dental radiography, full orthopedic and soft-tissue surgical capability, blood pressure monitoring, critical care ventilator and pulse oximetry.
The ASPCA Animal Hospital is staffed by three internists, two surgeons, a cardiologist, a radiologist and 18 generalists. Doctors’ inpatient rounds are held daily, and licensed veterinary technicians provide 24-hour care to all patients.
AAH has three full-time internal medicine specialists on staff. They are experts in the management of a range of complex disease, from liver and kidney dysfunction to diseases of blood cells and hormonal disorders. Our staff internists also perform ultrasounds, bone marrow sampling and endoscopic procedures.
Our boarded-certified surgeons provide a full range of orthopedic and soft-tissue surgeries. Examples of surgeries commonly performed include liver shunt correction, fracture repair, removal of cancerous masses and organ biopsies. Radiology and cardiology services are offered on-site through consulting specialists.
Animal Emergency Care
Our emergency doctors and well-equipped Intensive Care Unit are ready to handle even the most life-threatening emergencies. We offer blood typing, cross-matching, blood transfusions for dogs and cats, EKG, oxygen therapy, chest and abdominal cavity taps, in-house blood work with immediate results and much more. We are open to handle emergencies Monday through Friday from 8:00 A.M. to 6:00 P.M. and Saturday from 9:00 A.M. to 5:00 P.M. Our animal ICU is staffed 24 hours a day by caring and highly-skilled licensed veterinary technicians.
Contact the Hospital
Thank you for your interest in the ASPCA Animal Hospital! Please allow up to 24 hours for us to reply to your inquiry. If this is a medical emergency, please call us at (646) 259-4080 or go immediately to an emergency veterinary hospital. Please note: AAH only treats cats and dogs.
Please help us to address your inquiry by answering a few simple questions below.
Please visit our Externships page to find out more about externship positions at the AAH.