Executive Assistant to the President and CEO
The Executive Assistant to the President and CEO will provide high level administrative support to the President and to the President’s Office under the direct supervision of the Senior Director of President’s Office Operations. The responsibilities to the President will involve heavy calendar management, coordinating travel plans, meeting and event planning and managing requests by and for the President. The Executive Assistant will interact with staff at all levels and with important internal and external constituents, including the Board of Directors, and must have great discretion and professionalism. The position will be responsible for managing day-to-day office needs of the President’s Office and provide administrative support to complex projects, as well as short- and long-term initiatives, as assigned by the President and Senior Director.
President's Office Responsibilities:
- Manage the President’s busy calendar including scheduling and prioritizing appointments, meetings, conferences, teleconferences, and travel.
- Complete all travel logistics and itineraries, facilitate preparation for and execution of travel, and prepare expenses reports.
- Provide meeting support including logistics, audio/visual setup, refreshments, note taking and post-meeting follow-up.
- Manage and prioritize incoming and outgoing communications, including screening a high volume of both phone and email requests, routing correspondences to appropriate parties and handling general inquiries.
- Prioritize and maintain an up-to-date list of requests to and by the President and ensure completion of items with great care, follow through and attention to detail.
- Compose and format documentation including letters, spreadsheets, presentations and communications to staff and staff meeting minutes.
- Provide office and administrative support for the President’s Office day-to-day operations.
- Interface with high level contacts both in-person and on the phone/email.
- Manage paper and electronic files of the President Office and oversee president’s files.
- Provide assistance to short- and longer-term initiatives that originate from the President’s Office under the direction of the Senior Director.
Board of Director's Responsibilities:
- Draft correspondence and memos for Board Chairman.
- Provide administrative support to other Board members as requested
- Facilitate communication between President’s office and Board of Directors
- Organize and manage meetings related to the Board & Committee; including scheduling, sending out invitations and recording attendance, preparing and distributing board packets, and coordinating any meeting documentation for record keeping and communications.
- Take official Board, Executive Committee and other Committee meeting minutes
- Maintain all Board and Committee listings
College Degree or equivalent
7-10 years of executive administrative experience
- Familiarity with the affairs and procedures of working with a Board of Directors
- High level of integrity, ability to maintain highest level of confidentiality and discretion and exercise independent judgment
- Strong communication skills in-person, telephone and email and excellent writing, editing and proofreading skills
- Adeptness at people handling and to exercise high level of diplomacy and exhibit professionalism in all activities
- Exercise independent judgment and initiative to determine approach or action to take in routine, non-routine, sensitive and sometimes complex situations
- Outstanding interpersonal skills with the ability to create effective relationships throughout the organization with all levels
- Excellent time management and handle multiple project with focus, accuracy and a desire to produce high quality deliverables in an efficient manner
- Strong analytical skills with creative and innovative approach
- High functioning team player with the ability to work in a fast pace environment and have a sense of urgency and be capable of taking initiative
- Advance working knowledge in Microsoft Office applications, specifically Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint, a must
- Flexible work style with the ability to work under tight deadlines and shifting priorities
- Occasional late evening or weekend work
- Familiar with the animal welfare industry and non-profit is a plus
Our generous benefit package includes the following for full-time employees and (if qualified, we offer domestic partner coverage!) Medical, Dental, Vision, STD, LTD, 401(k), Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA), Transit checks, Tuition Assistance Program, Training Seminars, EAP, 50% animal hospital discount, Vacation, Sick, Personal & Company Holiday time off.