DRAFT - ASPCA Animal Hospital in NYC
The ASPCA Animal Hospital (AAH) operates to relieve suffering and provide lifesaving care for animals who have been victims of cruelty and neglect, and for cats and dogs whose owners are experiencing financial challenges.
Monday - Friday from 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. (patient pick-up until 7:00 p.m.) Saturday from 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. (patient pick-up until 5:00 p.m.)
Please help us to address your inquiry by answering a few simple questions below. Please allow up to 24 hours for us to reply to your inquiry.
You can also call (646) 259-4080 to make an appointment.
Please review eligibility and available services below before calling.
Phone lines are open Monday – Friday from 7:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. EST and Saturday 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. EST.
NYC residents with an annual household income under $50,000.
Our criteria for making an appointment stems from our commitment to help as many pets in New York City as possible, and our doctors evaluate a combination of variables when determining treatment eligibility for patients.
The ASPCA Animal Hospital (AAH) is an urgent care facility for cats and dogs.
- If this is a medical emergency, go immediately to an emergency veterinary hospital.
- AAH is not able to perform checkups, vaccinations and preventive care such as heartworm, flea, and tick prevention
- Brooklyn residents: For checkups, vaccinations and preventive care visit the Brooklyn Community Veterinary Center
- For spay/neuter, visit the ASPCA Mobile Spay/Neuter Clinic
- To find a veterinarian in your area, please visit the American Animal Hospital Association (AAHA) website
AAH provides urgent care exclusively for animals whose owners’ total annual household income is $50,000 or less. However, meeting this income requirement does not guarantee financial assistance.
To apply for financial assistance, please bring one of the following documents with you: EBT CARD (Benefits card), SSI Award Letter, VA Benefits Letter, Proof of Unemployment or Workers’ Compensation, Proof of TANF benefits (Temporary Assistance for Needy Families)
Safety measures and social distancing guidelines are in place. Masks are required for the duration of your appointment. In order to help us continue to serve pets in need, we ask that pet parents who have recently traveled to a high-risk state or country, had any exposure to symptomatic or confirmed positive cases of COVID-19, are confirmed positive themselves, or are feeling ill, to please have another caregiver/family member bring your pet or wait until a later date.
- Appointment wait times will be longer than usual due to sanitizing procedures. Please do not arrive early to your appointment time to avoid congestion in our hospital.
- When you arrive for your appointment, you will be directed to a hospital representative on the lobby level. Please understand in order to keep the number of staff and clients to a minimum to adhere to CDC recommendations, a staff member will most likely bring your animal upstairs to the hospital level for examination. You will likely participate in the appointment via video-chat or over the phone while you wait in a designated area and your pet is in the hospital with our medical staff.
- Only one client per pet should accompany the animal to the location and only one person per pet will be allowed into the exam room at a time.
- Please thoroughly clean and disinfect your carrier, leash and collar prior to coming into the ASPCA Animal Hospital.
- Use sanitizer after entering the facility before checking in with the front desk.
- Please refrain from shaking hands and practice social distancing of 6’ from all other persons when able to as recommend by local and national health agencies.
- Please transmit any medical records for your pet electronically only to [email protected].
- All invoices, estimates & receipts will be emailed only.
- No personal effects (leash, collar, bedding, toys, etc.) can be kept with the patient if admitted.
- There will be no patient visits of an admitted animal unless he or she is critical or scheduled for humane euthanasia.
Information for Current Clients:
- Incoming appointments will only be made for urgent and critical cases. If you believe your pet is stable, please wait to make an appointment.
- All elective surgeries and dental procedures will be rescheduled for a future date.
- If your pet is currently scheduled for a recheck exam, please call (646) 259-4080 and speak to a Client Service Representative to discuss if your pet needs to come into the ASPCA Animal Hospital or if you can consult with your doctor over the phone.
Please complete and submit the form below to send us your request. Please give us 24 hours to fill your order. Orders received on Saturdays, Sundays or holidays will be filled within 24 hours of our next business day. We will contact you if there is an issue that prevents us from refilling your prescription. If you have questions, please contact us at (646) 259-4080.
Jobs & Externships
Please visit our Externships page to find out more about externship positions at the AAH. Please visit our Careers page for more information about working at the ASPCA, including available positions at the ASPCA Animal Hospital.