Miami FAQ

Man with cat

The ASPCA operates various programs and services in Miami-Dade County, including our Community Veterinary Center. Read on for answers to commonly asked pet-related questions from Miami-Dade residents.

Programs & Services at the ASPCA

Does the ASPCA provide veterinary care?

The ASPCA Community Veterinary Center, located at 1320 NW 62nd Street in Miami, Florida (33147) provides low-cost basic veterinary care for Miami-Dade residents. For additional questions on pricing and scheduling, contact (844) 692-7722 (1-844-MY-ASPCA) and press option three for Miami.

Does the ASPCA offer spay/neuter for free or low-cost?

The ASPCA Community Veterinary Center provides low-cost and no cost spay/neuter surgeries to Miami-Dade County residents. For additional information or questions about pricing, contact (844) 692-7722 (1-844-MY-ASPCA).

You can also read more about the benefits of spaying and neutering.

Pet Care & Well-Being

Help! My pet needs emergency medical care!

If your pet is experiencing a medical emergency, please call your nearest veterinary emergency hospital.

If you suspect your pet may have been poisoned or has ingested a toxic substance, call the ASPCA Animal Poison Control Center (APCC), a national telephone hotline, available 24 hours a day, seven days a week. It is staffed by veterinarians and board-certified veterinary toxicologists. A consultation fee may apply for this lifesaving service. The phone number is (888) 426-4435.

For additional information about finding emergency care for your pet, please visit our Emergency Care page.

Local 24-Hour Emergency Veterinary Services:

Address: 9933 Sunset Dr, Miami, Florida, 33173
Phone Number: (305) 279-2323

Address: 1000 NW 27th Ave, Miami, Florida, 33125
Phone Number: (305) 649-1234

*The ASPCA provides the above veterinary referral list for the
convenience of its clients and will not make direct referrals to the
service providers named herein. Moreover, the ASPCA is not
necessarily affiliated with any of the service providers and makes no
representation or warranty whatsoever about, and shall not be held
liable for, the services that may be subsequently provided by any
such service provider.

I found a stray dog or cat in Miami-Dade County. What should I do?

Please exercise caution when interacting with an unfamiliar animal—do not approach any stray animal exhibiting odd behavior or signs of aggression. If the animal appears to be potentially dangerous or sick, please report it by contacting Miami-Dade Animal Services for assistance by dialing 311. You can also submit a report on the Miami-Dade Animal Services website.

I’d like to get involved in helping community cats in Miami-Dade County. Where can I go for assistance with Trap, Neuter, Return and Manage (TNRM)?

Thank you for your concern about Miami-Dade’s community cat population. For information on how you can help in your area, please contact Miami-Dade Animal Services by dialing 311 or by visiting their website.

You can find more information about the ASPCA’s policy on Community Cats and Community Cat Programs in the Policies & Positions section of our website.

Does the ASPCA offer dog obedience classes?

Please know that the ASPCA Miami does not currently offer dog obedience classes. We recommend that you consult your veterinarian for the best local resources.

I am struggling to keep my pet. What can I do?

If you are in the Liberty City area, we may be able to provide the following services to help you keep your pet(s):

  • Basic medical care
  • Pet care information
  • Help with dog and cat supplies

For assistance in the Liberty City area complete our online webform.

For assistance throughout Miami-Dade County, call 311 or visit the Miami-Dade Animal Services website.

Local Resources

Where can I report cruelty in Miami-Dade County?

Active cruelty situations involving animals in Miami-Dade County should be reported to 911.

Non-emergency animal-related concerns of any kind should be reported to the appropriate authorities immediately. If you suspect ongoing cruelty, contact Miami Dade Animal Services by dialing 311. You can also submit a report on the Miami-Dade Animal Services website.

I found an injured animal in Miami-Dade County. Who can I call for help?

Contact Miami-Dade Animal Services by dialing 311. You can also submit a report on their website.

Please know that the ASPCA does not have certified wildlife rehabilitators on staff, nor do we have wildlife experts or a wildlife department. For more information regarding wild animals, please visit the Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission website.

Where can I license my dog in Miami-Dade County?

In Miami-Dade County (and many other areas in the country), licensing your dog is the law. For additional information on how to obtain a dog license, call 311 or visit the Miami-Dade Animal Services website.

In Miami-Dade County, cats are not required to have a license (tag). For additional information on requirements for cats, call 311 or visit the Miami-Dade Animal Services website.

Where can I adopt a pet in Miami-Dade County?

Currently, the ASPCA does not offer adoption outlets in Miami-Dade. For adoption information, contact Miami-Dade Animal Services:

Address: 3599 NW 79 Avenue, Doral, Florida 33122
Phone Number: 311
Hours of Operation:
Monday through Friday: 10:00 AM to 6:30 PM
Saturday and Sunday: 10:00 AM to 4:00 PM