October 29, 2013 will mark the one year anniversary of Hurricane Sandy, when thousands of people and pets were displaced from their homes. The end of October also marks the launch of the first-ever disaster preparedness app for pet parents, developed by the ASPCA.
This free app, available for iPhone and Android, from the nation’s premier animal welfare organization, will help pet parents spread the word about their missing pets, store vital medical records, and make life-saving decisions during natural disasters.
With a few swipes, you can:
- Access critical advice on what to do with your pet before, during, and after a major storm—even if there’s no data connectivity.
- Upload information about missing or found pets.
- Scan updated lists of missing and found pets in your area.
- Store and manage your pet’s critical health records.
- Get the latest and most relevant news about pets and animal welfare.
- See adorable pet photos from Instagram.
Stay tuned to ASPCA.org for information about how to download our free app from the App Store or Google Play.