The ASPCA Legacy Society was established to recognize and thank those of you who have included us in your estate plans either through your will, trust, retirement or life insurance plans, bank accounts, or life income gift such as a charitable gift annuity. Through your thoughtfulness, you have made a timeless commitment to continue the work of Henry Bergh who founded the ASPCA in 1866 to combat animal cruelty.
How to Join
The following types of commitments qualify you for membership in the Legacy Society:
• Including us with a gift in your will or revocable trust;
• A life-income gift that names ASPCA as a remainder beneficiary, such as a charitable remainder trust, or a charitable gift annuity;
• A gift or assignment of qualified retirement plan assets, such as an IRA, 401(k) or 403(b);
• A gift of life insurance
• As a beneficiary of a bank account, or many other ways that you can participate.
Benefits of Membership to the ASPCA Legacy Society
- Certificate of Appreciation
- Legacy Society membership card that allows you a 20% discount on everything at our online store
- Semi-annual Legacy Society Newsletter
- Listing of your name in the ASPCA Annual Report (If you would like to be anonymous, please let us know.)
- ASPCA Action quarterly magazine
- Updates on ASPCA area news
- An opportunity to be a part of our "Legacy Legends": stories about how and why other dedicated donors like yourself have decided to join the Legacy Society
If you have already included the ASPCA in a bequest or other planned gift, we hope you will let us know. Your willingness to be listed as a member of the Legacy Society encourages others to follow your example. We acknowledge and respect those who wish to remain anonymous, but we urge you to let us know of your plans on a confidential basis. It supports the ASPCA’s planning for the future.
Of course, if you have not yet included the ASPCA in your plans and you would like to explore the best options for you and your family, do not hesitate to contact us. We would be glad to assist you. Please email email@example.com or call (212) 876-7700 with the extensions below.
Kim Bressant-Kibwe, Counsel, Trusts & Estates and Planned Giving: ext. 4554
Suzanne Ritger, Manager, Planned Giving: ext. 4587
Nicole Nahas, Manager, Trusts & Estates and Planned Giving: ext. 4665
We thank you for your continued commitment to animals and to the ASPCA!