Have you heard the myth that black cats are unsafe in October, in part because witches may try to adopt them for rituals? We sure have. But guess what? Top ASPCA experts agree that it’s just not true.
At the ASPCA, we LOVE black kitties. (Some of our friendliest cats, like Marissa, are black—yet Marissa has waited more than nine months to find a family. What’s up with that?)
Aside from the most important reason to adopt black kitties—that they really need extra help finding homes—here are a few reasons to take home one or two:
- Their fur won’t show on your little black dress.
- You can tell your kids you adopted a mini panther.
- Black cats go with everything.
- In most cultures, black cats are a sign of good luck.
- You already know black cats are awesome—you have one at home! If you’ve got a great black kitty, tell us about him or her in the comments. You just might persuade someone else to give these felines a little extra attention.