April is one of the most exciting months of year, in our opinion. Prevention of Cruelty to Animals Month (PoCAM, as we call it) is in full swing! Every year, we urge supporters across the country to Go Orange for Animals throughout April—the month in 1866 when the ASPCA's charter was signed—to raise awareness for our cause.
Here are five ways you can Go Orange for Animals this month:
1. Volunteer at your local animal shelter.Coordinate a Go Orange for Animals event with your local animal welfare group or shelter and donate the proceeds. Remember to alert local media about your event!
2. Show your virtual support. Dedicate your Facebook status, Twitter or blog to the ASPCA during the month of April and encourage people to spread the word about animal cruelty. And if you haven’t already, join us on Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram, Google+ and Twitter!
3. Join the ASPCA Advocacy Brigade. Fight to get strong anti-cruelty laws passed on federal, state and local levels as a member of the ASPCA Advocacy Brigade.
4. Become an ASPCA Guardian. For as little as 60 cents a day, you can help us rescue animals from cruelty and help us find them loving homes. Please consider becoming an ASPCA Guardian today.
5. Enter our Facebook Sweepstakes. We want to help you make an even bigger impact! Tell us how you’ve been a hero for animals for a chance to win an ASPCA Action Pack!
For more ways to get involved in this month-long celebration, visit the special Go Orange section of our website. The possibilities are endless!