It’s no secret: Shelter cats get bored. What better way to keep them entertained than with a little nip? Crafting these easy-to-make toys is the perfect way for you (and your friends!) to feel good about helping homeless cats this summer. Did we mention it’s a kid-friendly project, too?
Gather Your Supplies:
- New, infant- or child-size crew socks
- Cotton balls or craft stuffing
- Dried catnip
- Non-toxic permanent markers
- Non-toxic washable fabric glue
1. Stuff the toe of the sock with 1 tablespoon of dried catnip.
2. Next, stuff the foot of the sock with cotton balls or craft stuffing.
3. Squeeze fabric glue on the inside of the sock’s ribbing to glue the sock closed, or knot the top of the sock.
4. Decorate with fabric markers.
Thanks for getting crafty for homeless kitties—after all, it’s Adopt-A-Shelter-Cat Month!