Cats across America are mad as hell. Why are they so angry? Just like us, cats are tired of the way their canine pals (yes, cats and dogs do get along!) are being treated in puppy mills. Cats are sensitive creatures, and they are sickened by the sight of puppy mill dogs living in tiny, cramped cages, suffering from malnutrition and neglect, and forced to bear litter after litter without a break.
So, what’s a cat to do? Our feline friends are wise: They’ve joined the ASPCA’s No Pet Store Puppies campaign! Cats have realized, along with over 100,000 people who have already signed the No Pet Store Puppies pledge, that all pet owners have the ability to help us put an end to puppy mills. They know that most pet store puppies come from puppy mills, and they are throwing their support behind our pledge not to buy anything from pet stores that sell puppies. Cats are sending a clear message to humans everywhere—“go buy our toys and treats somewhere else!”
Join these smart cats today and support our efforts against puppy mills! Here’s what you can do:
- First, take the No Pet Store Puppies pledge not to buy anything from pet stores that sell puppies!
- After you’ve signed the pledge, share one of our new Cats Against Puppy Mills badges on your Facebook page, Pinterest board or other social media site.
- Spread the word! Tell everyone you know to take the No Pet Store Puppies pledge, and Tweet your support by including the hashtag #CatsAgainstPuppyMills.
- Finally, always make pet adoption your first option! Want a puppy? Visit your local shelter to meet your next furry friend, and be sure to buy your new companion’s treats, toys, food and other supplies at pet stores that don’t sell puppies!
- Watch the video...and share it! Check out the No Pet Store Puppies' mascot as he schools customers in a pet store that sells puppies!
To learn more about the ASPCA’s work to end the inhumane practices of puppy mills, please visit nopetstorepuppies.com.