NEW YORK the ASPCA® (The American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals®) today unveiled ASPCAAmbassadors.org, an new online network which will give ASPCA supporters across the country the chance to become an “ASPCA Ambassador.”
“There are countless ways our supporters can help us fight animal cruelty and find permanent loving homes for America’s adoptable pets,” said ASPCA President & CEO Ed Sayres. “Whether you want to organize a 5K walk, memorialize a loved one, or attend an ASPCA event, the ASPCA Ambassadors program makes it possible for everyone to contribute to the ASPCA’s mission of saving the lives of countless animals.”
Our supporters can become an ASPCA Ambassador in one of three ways: 1) by registering to participate in an ASPCA Event – such as our upcoming ‘Wag-n-Walk’ events in Austin, Tex., or Venice Beach, Calif., 2) by holding a personal event in their community – be it a bake sale, car wash, or bike-athon on our behalf, or 3) by creating a tribute page at www.ASPCAAmbassadors.org – where you can enlist your friends and family to make donations to the ASPCA in lieu of birthday gifts, wedding gifts or to memorialize a lost pet – turning
The sky is truly the limit – there are so many ways that ASPCA supporters can act as ambassadors, working with their family, friends and community to make this world a better place for animals. Here are just some of the things you can do as an ASPCA Ambassador:
- Hold an Adoptions event with your local shelter, distribute information from the ASPCA’s Web site and split donations between the ASPCA and your community shelter.
- Organize a neighborhood dog walk, pet parade, or benefit concert in your community, or a fundraiser with your school, the local Girl Scout or Boy Scout troop, sports team, or religious institution.
- Work with local businesses to support the ASPCA by encouraging them to donate a percentage of sales for a day, a week, or a month to the ASPCA.
- Participate in a marathon, bikeathon, walkathon, hike or other sports-oriented event and ask friends and family to sponsor your efforts on behalf of the ASPCA.
- Encourage neighbors to recycle their bottles and cans and donate the proceeds to the ASPCA.
- Wash cars, babysit, mow lawns, shovel snow, pet-sityou name itand donate a portion of your earnings.
- Ask a local bar or restaurant to support homeless animals by donating a night’s cover charge or a percentage of sales.
- Hold a dress-down day at your school or office and ask people to contribute a dollar amount to participate.
Those who register their events, thereby becoming an ASPCA Ambassador, will also receive a 15 percent discount off a selection of orange merchandise from the ASPCA online store. The ASPCA will also be running a contest for two weeks on the ASPCA Ambassadors Web site – everyone who registers during the two week contest period will be eligible to win a flip video camera.
For more information about the ASPCA Ambassadors program, and how you can be a voice for animals, please visit www.ASPCAAmbassadors.org.