Member Support and Public Information Assistant
The Member Support and Public Information Assistant answers membership inquiries and keeps the Guardian files updated. The position is also responsible for updating Guardian pledge payment information and processing member and donor gifts.
- Answer phone and email inquiries from ASPCA members and Guardian Monthly donors.
- Process credit card and check donations that come directly to the ASPCA.
- Make changes to Guardian pledge payment information and membership records in the donor database, including partial refund adjustments.
- Fulfill requests from the public for membership and organization information, such as annual reports and gift acknowledgements as well as order replacement incentive packages.
- Respond to emails, snail mail and phone calls from the public on ASPCA policies, positions and general organizational and animal related questions.
- Provides coverage as needed for the switchboard operator.
- Sorts and responds to comment mail sent by the caging facility.
- Create new Public Information canned response as needed.
- Special project assignments.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma required, college degree preferred.
- At least one year of customer service experience.
- 1 -2 years experience in not-for-profit work.
- Knowledge of and experience with Microsoft computer programs such as Word, Excel, Power Point.
- Strong internet skills.
- Familiarity with not-for-profit donor database, Public Interest Data Inc. (PIDI).
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including the ability to clearly explain policies and procedures to the members.
- Professional demeanor.
- Strong time management skills with an emphasis on the ability to prioritize daily duties.
- Must be comfortable working independently or in a group.
- Is comfortable taking initiative.
- Must be able to keep member and donor information confidential.
- The Member Support and Public Information Assistant should have a strong belief in the work of the ASPCA.
Our generous benefit package includes the following for full-time employees and (if qualified, we offer domestic partner coverage!) Medical, Dental, Vision, STD, LTD, 401(k), Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA), Transit checks, Tuition Assistance Program, Training Seminars, EAP, 50% Animal hospital discount, Vacation, Sick, Personal & Company Holiday time off.