Online Data Analyst
The Online Data Analyst supports the business goals of the online revenue, social media and direct marketing teams through reports relating to traffic, donation revenue, and email and paid advertising campaign performance. He or she will also work collaboratively the data and the website technology teams to identify gaps in data capture strategy and implement solutions.
- Contribute to recurring, consistent reports on a variety of online revenue sources based on key performance indicators of business goals.
- Under the guidance of the Assistant Director, Analytics, work to standardize metrics and report structures across marketing channels.
- Coordinate with internal teams as well as external agencies to assist with data collection and reporting.
- Assist in the development of core insights from the data to suggest, create and execute testing tactics that drive fundamental and incremental improvements to website, email, social media and paid campaign performance.
- Contribute to reports and PowerPoint presentations on key metrics at a regular frequency.
- Ad hoc reports and analytics projects as necessary.
- Weekly, monthly and quarterly reports on web-related traffic, email, paid campaign, social media and online store revenue performance.
- Regular data fulfillment files to vendors managing incentivized online acquisition programs
- Development and management of weekly and monthly KPI reports
- Tracking and analysis of A/B and multivariate tests
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Marketing, Computer Science, Mathematics, Decision Science, Operations Research or related discipline, Masters or MBA preferred
- Experience manipulating and analyzing web marketing data
- Experience with standard web analysis tools including Google Analytics.
- Experience with CRM reporting tools.
- Experience with Email Marketing reporting and data.
- Experience with segmentation design.
- Understanding of relational database design and data warehouse concepts
- Experience in writing and comprehending SQL.
- Strong knowledge of SEM, PPC, and SEO strategies with a track record of success.
- Self-starter and demonstrated ability to learn/adapt new technologies.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to document processes and procedures.
- Be able to self-manage multiple assigned projects or tasks in a deadline-driven environment.
- Non-profit experience a plus.
- Understanding of CRM tools.
- Write and understand SQL statements/scripts/queries
- Advanced Microsoft Excel required, preferably Excel 2010
- Google Analytics required, including UTM tracking
- Knowledge of other analytical and business intelligence tools
- Experience with data warehousing projects a plus
- Experience working with R not required, but a plus
- Experience integrating social media stats into marketing strategy
- Willing to obtain any necessary certifications for online platforms.
Please provide a work sample, which may include a report, memo or PowerPoint presentation.
Final candidates will be asked to complete a test assessing MS Excel skills and SQL query reading comprehension.
Our generous benefit package includes the following for full-time employees and (if qualified, we offer domestic partner coverage!) Medical, Dental, Vision, STD, LTD, 401(k), Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA), Transit checks, Tuition Assistance Program, Training Seminars, EAP, 50% Animal hospital discount, Vacation, Sick, Personal & Company Holiday time off.