Sr. Project Manager
Plan, monitor and expedite delivery of software solutions. Prepare, coordinate and manage project activities with program/business management, vendors and end users. Ensure adherence to project timelines and budgets. The incumbent will identify and drive the adoption of new or improved system solutions and processes designed to support the business and increase efficiencies. This position will be responsible for large, enterprise-wide projects.
- Work with internal clients to understand their needs and assess business processes and workflows.
- Coordinate among multiple client areas to deliver solutions on time and on budget.
- Work with technicians, vendors and end users to create and execute project plans and schedules.
- Effectively apply project methodology and enforce standards.
- Manage day-to-day operational aspects of project and scope.
- Review and ensure quality of deliverables prepared by project team.
- Minimize risk and formulate contingency plans.
- Ensure that project documentation is complete, current, and stored safely.
- Resolve and/or escalate issues in a timely fashion.
- Participate in the analysis, design, training, testing, implementation and support of targeted solutions.
- Develop prototype test plans and act as liaison between client community and technical staff.
- Develop and distribute documentation to the user community as needed.
- Stay current on project management and business analysis best practices and provide expertise in these areas.
- Undergraduate degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems or related discipline.
- PMP certification is highly desired.
- 8-10 years of project/product management experience. Must have prior experience implementing high-profile business applications in a distributed environment. Previous experience in animal welfare and/or non-profit environments a plus.
Knowledge & Skills Requirements:
- Familiarity with current design/development methodologies and project/system development life cycles.
- Ability to manage concurrent projects and approach tasks in a structured and systematic manner.
- Self-driven, team-oriented and able to interface with all organizational levels.
- Excellent leadership, analytical and organizational skills.
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Advanced proficiency with project management tools and techniques.
- Some travel to ASPCA locations, as required to achieve success.
- Love of animals and an interest in the ASPCA’s mission of animal welfare a plus.